Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reverting Textmate Bundles

Textmate is my preferred code editor on Mac OS X, but lately it had become very sluggish taking up to a minute to start up.

I've had Textmate on my iMac since 2008 and it has gone through many updates and Bundle installs. After some digging around I finally ended up at the Troubleshooting 101 page of the Textmate wiki which recommends resetting Bundles back to default.

The procedure is pretty simple and involves the following steps:


  • Remove folder /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles
  • Remove Third party bundles from ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles (This is where bundles installed by double-click are usually located)
  • Remove Custom bundles from ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles
  • Instruct TextMate to reload bundles (either by relaunching it or selecting Bundles → Bundle Editor → Reload Bundles.)


Make sure to take a look at your Third party and custom bundles before you remove them, you might want to back them up.

This process made my Textmate install work just like when I first installed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment