Monday, May 24, 2010

Linux Distros Released the Week of 2010-05-16

News


Looks like Btrfs could replace Ext4 as the file system in Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat". The new version will also include GNOME 3.0. The release date for Ubuntu 10.10 is scheduled for 10.10.2010. More info at The H

ComputerWorld had an interesting article about the five best things coming in Fedora 13 which should be released tomorrow. The article covers the following 5 features:
  • Professional-level color management
  • Better printer driver support
  • Improved open-source graphic drivers
  • Improved KVM support
  • Easier to use and more stable to boot

I'll try to download Fedora 13 tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

New Distribution Releases


Here are some of the Distributions release last week. List taken from DistroWatch

From the list I'm looking forward to trying out Arch and Chakra (I know Chakra is technically Arch, but it does offer a nice Live CD)

Upcoming Releases and Announcements


List taken from DistroWatch


  • 2010-05-25: Fedora 13
  • 2010-05-28: FreeBSD 8.1-BETA1
  • 2010-05-28: Pardus Linux 2009.2 RC

I will be testing out Fedora 13, and Chakra. If I see anything worth mentioning I'll let you know. If you've tried any of the releases above please leave a comment to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment